Simply Sacred is a one-woman show, dedicated to providing the best earth-based lifestyle care to the modern wise woman. Lifestyle care means its not just your physical health we’re working on – mental mindset, spiritual paths, and education all play a factor. Science has shown our mental and emotional states can affect our physical health – so why only treat the exterior when the cause lies deeper within?
Physical Wellness Care
As a licensed massage therapist, Reiki master, and practicing herbalist, I understand that the body is a vessel that needs care and upkeep, just like anything else. Using a combination of therapies, we work together to relieve stress, release tension, pinpoint health issues, and restructure habits to increase overall wellness. We’re improving quality of life, because living with pain and disease is no way to live.
Mental Clarity & Education
Improving physical health means nothing if we don’t know how to prolong the effects, so in addition to physical bodywork, I teach classes and run events geared towards whole body wellness. This includes classes on partners massage, guided meditation groups and instruction, one on one Reiki instruction, and more. Expanding the mind by learning helps heal the body with an increase in holistic awareness.
Emotional Support & Community
Simply Sacred isn’t just about one on one sessions and occasional classes; its living the life, living “simply sacred” through deliberate action and community support. To this end, we’re building a community around holistic wellness, personal empowerment, and magickal living. You can check out the Community page for more details on the various groups and meetups, both virtual and in person. Because lifestyle changes, restructuring habits, and learning new things is so much better with friends!
Spiritual Mentoring & Practice
I am a firm believer in believing in something, and I truly think this plays into our overall wellness. What you believe in is up to you; for me, I believe in the innate magick in all things, and this is what I teach. Bodywork, herbs, meditation, and community can all be a spiritual experience if you let it. Do you have to subscribe to my beliefs, or any at all, to benefit from my services? Of course not. But this is what informs my healing and practice, and I believe it makes me better for it. I can help you find your path, or walk alongside you on it, if you wish.
What does it mean to live “Simply Sacred”?
- Living your purpose and standing firm in it
- Believing that you have an innate power and celebrating that
- Finding little ways to practice what’s important to you
- Combining a mindful practice with 21st century tools and technology
- Knowing that, regardless of your current situation, you are not alone
Long ago, women looked to peers for health, for wisdom, for support and guidance. Apothecaries carried medicine for more than just the common cold. Red tents provided women with companionship and guidance through all of life’s milestones. But somehow, with the advancement of technology and the dawn of the modern age, women have become more disconnected – with themselves, with each other, and with the ancient wisdom that fills us all. It’s become a sort of tug of war between remembering our roots and embracing the future.
Indeed, women around the world have been rallying for a resurgence of feminist connection, of inner peace and wisdom, of sisterhood. We’re standing up. We’re holding hands. We’re reclaiming our health on our terms. We’re finding our tribe, and within that tribe, we’re accomplishing some major things.
The world is a technological place, where our bodies are often disconnected from our minds and well-being. To truly live well, to live “simply sacred”, a person must treat the whole being: mind, body, and spirit. I firmly believe that a person can embrace a more natural, holistic lifestyle without giving up the comforts of the 21st century, and I encourage my clients to do just that.
On Site & In Home
In an effort to provide wellness that can fit into your lifestyle, we can meet in a variety of ways:
I’m on site at Tangled Roots Herbal in lovely downtown Nashua NH Wednesday-Friday from 12pm to 6pm. Tangled Roots is an herbal apothecary and metaphysical gifts store that caters to men and women with a desire to open their minds and live a more natural lifestyle. Not only do you get bodywork from me, but we have a full display of herbs and essential oils to mix up for you, plus the store also boasts crystals, tarot and oracle decks, new age gifts, readings, a small selection of books, and more. If this sounds like your jam, come meet me at the store for your appointment, and we can chat about other ways to bring clarity and peace into your life!
If you can’t make it to Nashua, or on site care isn’t your thing, I specialize in comprehensive in home holistic wellness care. What this means: when you work with me, we discuss your needs in depth and decide on the best approach to better your life. I come to you in your home, where you are most comfortable, and provide as complete an experience as I possibly can. I can bring supplies for heat therapy, aromatherapy, skin care, tea ceremonies – it’s not just massage and energy work! It’s important to me that health and wellness become a part of your life, of your routine, and in home care makes a greater impact in that regard than if you were forced to travel every time you wanted a little wellness. This option is especially useful for those with social anxiety, where traveling to a new place for a massage can be nerve wracking and episode-inducing.
If we’re meeting for a consultation or mentoring session, we also have the option of getting together at a local café, park, or even via Skype. My goal is to work with your comfort and your schedule – and I’ll never pass up an opportunity to get my caffeine fix!
What To Expect: Massage & Bodywork
Before Your Session
- For your first session, please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment to allow ample time for your initial intake and to answer any questions you may have. If you have not filled out the online intake form, arrive 15 minutes early.
- I have a variety of oils for use during your session; plain, herbal infused, and essential. If you have any allergies, please make them known before your first appointment so I can ensure I have oils on hand for you.
- If you take painkillers, please don’t take any a few hours before your session. They reduce your ability to feel pain, and can reduce your ability to tell me if I’m hurting you.
- No, I don’t mind that you didn’t shave, and yes, I’ve seen worse. 😉
- Minors under 18 are required to have a parent or guardian in the room during their treatment.
- If you need to reschedule your session, please give at least 24 hours. Missed appointments without notification may be charged a fee, or may prevent you from rescheduling. Please be considerate of your needs and my time.
During Your Session
- Certain services call for specific articles of clothing to be removed, but your dignity is always the most important thing. During any session, you should undress to your comfort level. (I leave the room to allow you privacy.) Proper and modest draping is not only a personal practice of mine, but a law in the state of New Hampshire, so aside from the area being worked on, you will be covered at all times.
- Massage may be uncomfortable, but regardless of how deep we work, your session should never cause actual pain. Don’t “breathe through the pain” in an effort to release your knots; we could end up injuring the tissue and doing more damage. I have techniques to work your muscles in a way that doesn’t hurt, so we’ll make sure communication is always open about the pressure.
- Our goal is to make sure you’re comfortable and relaxed during your session, so you get the most out of your treatment. I have standard spa music, but please don’t be shy about requesting whatever helps you “zen out”! In terms of conversation, I won’t initiate, but if chatting makes you more relaxed, we can certainly accommodate. Let me know how else I can make the perfect healing environment for you!
- In a typical full body massage, the only areas not worked on are on the front of the torso – stomach and “private” areas. If you have any recent injuries, ticklish spots, or trigger areas, please don’t be afraid to speak up. I will avoid any areas you ask me to, and I don’t need a reason as to why.
After Your Session
- Post session, we’ll chat about your wellness status, and often I have suggestions for self care and furthering your treatment once you leave. You’ll also receive periodic emails with appointment availability, self care tips, and more. I don’t sell your email and I don’t spam your inbox. You are welcome to unsubscribe at any time, or alter your subscription. If you don’t receive these emails, you can sign up here.
- I accept cash, credit, check, and electronic means as methods of payment, and when on site at Tangled Roots Herbal, you’ll pay for your session at the register in the shop. Gift certificates are available for purchase as well.
- Gratuity is not required but always appreciated. If you’d like to leave a tip, 15%-20% is customary in the spa industry.
If you have any questions, at any point in your course of treatment with me, you can always reach out. No question is too silly or obvious!
Meet The Healer
Once upon a time, in a not-so-faraway land, there lived a little girl enamored with plants and healing and magick…
Angela M DiMare-Messier, LMT, RMT, Herbalist
As a lifelong believer in holistic wellness, Angela is a natural resource when learning to take better care of your whole self. Since an early age, she gravitated towards nature and natural medicine to treat the whole body, instead of masking symptoms with more traditional means. Plastic juice bottles filled with plant material were a frequent sight in her play areas; she claimed it was her “herb collection”. Eventually she began studying actual herbalism; an enthusiastic amateur gardener, Angela developed relationships with plant allies in middle school and has only continued growing and learning since. Friends always said her hands were healing, and that eventually led her to pursue holistic wellness as a career.
Angela is now a massage therapist, Reiki master, and herbalist, with an extensive background in energy work, aromatherapy, meditation, journeying, self care, magick & spirituality, and other holistic techniques. She frequently incorporates holistic techniques into everyday life – cooking, cleaning, hygiene, interpersonal relationships, even motherhood – and encourages others to do the same with easy tips and tricks she’s developed and mastered over the years.
Angela also spent her adolescence cultivating a feminist, activist identity. She frequently talks to anyone who will listen about taboos, fears, and stereotypes surrounding pivotal women’s issues like sexuality, body image, and reproductive health. She adopted witchcraft and eclectic Paganism into her life as a means of personal empowerment and female intuition, and it’s only made her professional life stronger and more robust. In her mid twenties, she attended the birth of a friend as support and a doula; the experience was incredible and transformational. Ever since then, working with women through all stages of life has become the ultimate goal. Teaching girls (and their mothers!) to embrace menarche and healthy body images; working with women to balance hormone & menstrual cycles naturally; facilitating open communication and inner growth regarding feminine topics frequently thought of as taboo. She incorporates massage, reiki, self care, herbalism, nutrition, spirituality, and life & wellness coaching into a single practice dedicated to helping women live fuller, more in tune lives.
In her personal life, Angela enjoys all things geeky, with a passion for gaming, LARP, and cosplay. She’s also an active volunteer with various charities: Angela is the Vice President of the local chapter of Extra Life, a charity that raises money for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals; she helped coordinate the NH Family Marketplace to benefit the Syrian refugees via Save The Children; she also sat on the founding Board of Directors for SCARE, an organization that provides gently used Halloween costumes to families in need. She spends her downtime with her husband David, daughter Morgan, and cat Miss Daisy.
- Graduated from Nashua Community College Holistic Massage Therapy Program
- Certified by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage & Bodywork
- 15+ years of herbalism practice and plant ally journeying
- Licensed in New Hampshire, license #7135M
- Certified in the Vodder method of Manual Lymphatic Drainage
- Reiki Master/Teacher under Lisa Powers, RMT; also studied at John Harvey Grey Center for Reiki Healing
- Studying with the Earth Medicine Online Intensive with Southern Herbalist :: Sacred Hoop Herbals & the Herbal Immersion Intensive with Chestnut School of Herbal Medicine
- Has developed her own method of energy healing, using a combination of Reiki, drum vibration, and channeled energy directly from the earth
- Experience with NeuroMuscular Therapy, deep tissue massage, Traditional Chinese Medicine, meditation & chakra work, holistic and natural spa techniques, aromatherapy, hydrotherapy, and more