Massage & Bodywork
Before Your Session
- For your first session, please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment to allow ample time for your initial intake and to answer any questions you may have. If you have not filled out the online intake form, arrive 15 minutes early.
- I have a variety of oils for use during your session; plain, herbal infused, and essential. If you have any allergies, please make them known before your first appointment so I can ensure I have oils on hand for you.
- If you take painkillers, please don’t take any a few hours before your session. They reduce your ability to feel pain, and can reduce your ability to tell me if I’m hurting you.
- No, I don’t mind that you didn’t shave, and yes, I’ve seen worse. 😉
- Minors under 18 are required to have a parent or guardian in the room during their treatment.
- If you need to reschedule your session, please give at least 24 hours. Missed appointments without notification may be charged a fee, or may prevent you from rescheduling. Please be considerate of your needs and my time.
During Your Session
- Certain services call for specific articles of clothing to be removed, but your dignity is always the most important thing. During any session, you should undress to your comfort level. (I leave the room to allow you privacy.) Proper and modest draping is not only a personal practice of mine, but a law in the state of New Hampshire, so aside from the area being worked on, you will be covered at all times.
- Massage may be uncomfortable, but regardless of how deep we work, your session should never cause actual pain. Don’t “breathe through the pain” in an effort to release your knots; we could end up injuring the tissue and doing more damage. I have techniques to work your muscles in a way that doesn’t hurt, so we’ll make sure communication is always open about the pressure.
- Our goal is to make sure you’re comfortable and relaxed during your session, so you get the most out of your treatment. I have standard spa music, but please don’t be shy about requesting whatever helps you “zen out”! In terms of conversation, I won’t initiate, but if chatting makes you more relaxed, we can certainly accommodate. Let me know how else I can make the perfect healing environment for you!
- In a typical full body massage, the only areas not worked on are on the front of the torso – stomach and “private” areas. If you have any recent injuries, ticklish spots, or trigger areas, please don’t be afraid to speak up. I will avoid any areas you ask me to, and I don’t need a reason as to why.
After Your Session
- Post session, we’ll chat about your wellness status, and often I have suggestions for self care and furthering your treatment once you leave. You’ll also receive periodic emails with appointment availability, self care tips, and more. I don’t sell your email and I don’t spam your inbox. You are welcome to unsubscribe at any time, or alter your subscription. If you don’t receive these emails, you can sign up here.
- I accept cash, credit, check, and electronic means as methods of payment, and when on site at Tangled Roots Herbal, you’ll pay for your session at the register in the shop. Gift certificates are available for purchase as well.
- Gratuity is not required but always appreciated. If you’d like to leave a tip, 15%-20% is customary in the spa industry.
If you have any questions, at any point in your course of treatment with me, you can always reach out. No question is too silly or obvious!